The International Mavrud Day (October 26th) is one of the most significant events in the wine presentation of Bulgaria, which provides information and guides consumers through the complexities of Bulgarian wine, regions, producers, and wine experiences.
The celebration of the holiday in Bulgaria is a significant event that provides information and directs consumers to Bulgarian wine, regions, producers, and wine experiences. The International Mavrud Day is an annual wine event that contributes to the promotion of Bulgarian wine and wine tourism on a national and international level.
The International Mavrud Day is an initiative launched by The Bulgarian Association of Wine Professionals (BAWP) – an expert organisation uniting professionals working in all sectors related to Bulgarian wine. The association allows them to cooperate, offer expert product advice and consultation, develop concepts and strategies, and consistently work together for the overall success of Bulgarian wine.
The program of the event on October 26 and 27 includes:
- Lecture on “Mavrud” by Eng. Lambrin Topuzliev from the Agricultural University in Plovdiv (and head of the Experimental Cellar at the University);
- Visit and wine tasting in the “Dragomir winery “, the village of Brestnik;
- Visit and wine tasting in the vineyards of the “Villa Justina Cellar “, the village of Ustina;
- Visit and wine tasting in the “Zagrei Cellar”, near the town of Parvomay;
- Visit and wine tasting in the wine cellar “Monastery”, the village of Lesichovo;
The initiative is supported by the Ministry of Tourism, Sofia Municipality, Plovdiv Municipality as well as numerous regional structures, wine cellars, and business organisations.
More information about the event and the accompanying initiatives and programs can be found on the official website: www.mavrudday.com